Given the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, and with the Governor’s Executive order today, Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips CISD will extend the suspension of normal district operations until May 4, 2020 in an effort to support our nation’s need to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Our health officials report that cases are continuing to spread in the state. Suspending operations for this length of time will allow us to determine, in coordination with local health officials, whether the virus is continuing to have community spread or whether it has been contained.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol. We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
· Don’t shake hands
· Wash your hands regularly
· Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
· If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
· For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms.
· If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
· Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
· Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information. Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the community in Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips CISD stay safe and healthy.
Superintendent of Schools
Phone: (806) 878-2858
Fax: (806) 878-3585